Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty
- Pregnancy, weight gain and loss, hormones and aging all contribute on the skin and muscles of your abdomen.
- Hanging loose skin, excess fat accumulations and loose distracted muscles unphased by exercise and diet can severely limit your ability to wear the clothes that would like.
- That state of laxity and excess fat accumulation usually resists even to the most intense excercise, that’s why abdominoplasty is a game-changer for so many people, especially in women who gave birth.
- It’s an operation that traditionally makes the belly flat by removing excess skin and fat while addressing the muscular dehisence of the abdomen.
- Frequentlly it’s confused with liposuction which is a tottaly different procedure. Abdominoplasty can be performed as a standalone procedure but in the mean time can be combined with liposuction.
- Nevertheless it is not a weightloosing treatment.
- Good candidates are healthy adult men and women with stabilized weight, preferably non-smokers.
- Bad candidates are people who are planning to loose a considerable amount of weight and women who are planning to give birth in the near future.
- The technique that Dr. Agiannidis utilizes differs from the traditional approach because not only he performs an abdominal debulking with tightening of the skin and muscules of the abdominal wall. Additionally he studies where the natural transition points for each abdominal subunit are. He then strategically removes fat to highlight these areas and provide a three-dimensional contour.
- Arms are considered the area where gravitational forces and skin laxity create a dramatic effect.
- Especially in women, laxity around and after menopause, nutritional habits and weight ups and downs distort the image of a youthful, slim arm.
- That takes its toll on woman psychology affecting her body image both naked and dressed in an effort to camouflage the imperfection.
- The good news is that we have a lot of means for arm tightening and when the laxity is rather severe and the skin quality not at its best we can additionally remove some excess skin.
- Laxity in the thigh region is a very annoying situation.
- Its very resistant even when the person exercises intensively and has a healthy diet.
- The common culprits are: age, hormonal influence, weight ups and downs and hereditary factors.
- The usual choices is to tighten the skin and reduce sagging of the inner and outer thigh.
- This treatment can be successfully combined with a thigh-lower body contouring procedure.
Buttock Lift & Augmentation
- In 2014 the renowned women’s magazine ‘’Vogue’’ published the controversial article: ‘’the era of the big booty’’ and practically redefined the aesthetic contemporary trend for the specific area.
- Buttock augmentation has increased up to 58% since 2012 while in certain parts of the world like Latin America that has topped 5 times higher.
- The safe approach for buttock augmentation is to create the right contour. Many patients have all the volume they need but distributed in the wrong places. With fat removal from one area (saddle bags, love handles) we create the buttock contour by shifting that volume elsewhere so that it becomes more round and the waist more curved.
- Buttocks are excellent fat recipients, so with the formentioned fat shifting we can create better projection as well as a lifting effect.